At the same time Affinity for Business was born in 2017, we launched My Account, an online portal designed with our customers in mind to help them better manage their water bills.
Since its launch, the team have been working hard to improve the way the portal looks, its user experience, and features.
By using My Account, you can save time, money, and water (that’s awesome!) which is why we think all our customers should take advantage of the portal. Need more convincing? Here are 5 reasons why you’ll love using our My Account portal.
#1 These great features make managing your water consumption even easier
My Account has a wide range of fantastic features that allow you to do much more than just pay an view your bills, you can:
- Manage multiple business locations
- View outstanding balances
- View and download current and historic bills
- Pay your bill anytime, anywhere
- Change your billing address
- Set up a Direct Debit
- Sign up for waste services
- Submit meter readings
- Find out where your meter is located using our map link and text description
- View the data of multiple meters on a single site
- Compare all meter readings in a handy chart (which could help you spot a leak before it’s too late!)
- Monitor your water usage
We recently added newer features to My Account that allow you to do much more than just pay and view your bills. My Account now allows you to…
- Create lists and group multiple sites together
- View details about your closed accounts in a separate list
- Switch on Paperless Billing to get email notifications when your bills are available online instead of getting a paper bill – It’s also great for the environment!
- View a statement of your account(s)
These fantastic features mean you can, organise your account better, have access to your bills anytime, anywhere and submitting and analysing meter data means you can detect leaks quickly (possibly saving you large amounts of £££’s!) – keeping a close eye on your bill balances may even encourage you to become more water efficient!
#2 You can easily sign up for our other services within the portal
Start the switching process in My Account and sign up for waste services – all you need to do is fill out the short form, follow the steps in the portal and we’ll sort out the rest. If you’re already using My Account, you can find this under ‘Quick Links’.
You can also sign up for Direct Debit in My Account, meaning all your bills will be paid on the date of your choice (the 1st or 15th of the month), so you won’t have to worry about a thing!
Simply click ‘Sign up for Direct Debit’ under Quick Links, and follow the steps to sign up.
Lastly, you can sign up for our Paperless Billing service. By flicking the switch in My Account, this means you will receive email notifications when your bills are available in the portal and you will no longer receive a paper copy of your bill in the post. This will also help to reduce the amount of paper used (saving our precious trees!) and be more sustainable.
To turn on Paperless Billing, simply log in to My Account, click ‘Settings’, then ‘Paperless Billing’ and flick the switch on.
#4 Our help and support section has everything you need to know about My Account!
Whether you are signed up to use My Account already, or simply want to know more before you register your account, our FAQ help page can answer any questions you might have. It’s also where you can find our fun video which explains all things My Account!
#5 Registering an account is quick and easy
If your business has a single premise you can register to use My Account now, simply follow the steps on this page (it only takes a few minutes!).
To register multiple premises in My Account, simply send us an email to email@example.com and a friendly member of our team will be happy to set your account up for you.
To register your account, you will need:
- Your customer reference number(s)
- Billing address(es) & postcode(s) – please note, your billing address may be different to your supply address
- A valid email address that you have access to
If you’re registering multiple premises, you will need to have the above information for each business location.
Not an Affinity for Business customer? Receive all these amazing benefits by switching your clean & waste water to us today!