Environmental Policy Statement
Affinity for Business (AfB) Management is committed to effectively managing and minimising the impact of its operations on the environment.
AfB has developed a strategy to achieve this, consisting of an Environmental Policy and an Environmental Management System (EMS).
The organisation commits to:
- Protect the environment, through sustainable resource use, climate change mitigation and adaptation and protection of biodiversity and local ecosystems;
- Prevent all types of environmental pollution through regular review, thorough planning and appropriate risk assessments of our activities;
- Fulfill its environmental compliance obligations;
- Actively promote and implement efficient water and energy use amongst our staff;
- Manage our waste according to the waste hierarchy, starting with waste minimisation and re-use and recycling all unavoidable waste that can be recycled;
- Actively promote sustainable water, energy use and waste management amongst our customers;
- Consider the life cycle of products and sustainability credentials of potential suppliers and contractors when assessing their suitability; and
- Continuously improve AfB’s EMS to enhance environmental performance, in line with ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
The Environmental Policy and EMS Manual will be reviewed as often as is necessary and, in any case, not less than every year. The Management Team endorses the relevant documents’ contents and is fully committed to their implementation.
Signed: Helen Gillett, Managing Director, Affinity for Business (Retail) Limited
Date: 03 June 2019