Our Complaints Procedure
We want our customers to enjoy a great service from us at all times but we recognise that sometimes we don’t get it right. When this happens we will always aim to sort out the problem to the customer’s satisfaction. This complaints procedure has been designed so you can easily let us know when you are unhappy with our service. It explains what we will do, who will do it and how you can appeal if you are unhappy about the outcome. Our complaints process is shown below.
Dissatisfied with our service? You can let us know in one of the following ways:
- Call us on 0345 357 2424
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Affinity for Business, Alchemy – 2nd Floor, Bessemer Rd, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1HE
- Via our website at www.affinityforbusiness.co.uk
All complaints will be investigated by a member of our complaints team. We will look into the background to the complaint, what has caused it and how the problem can be resolved. We may contact you to obtain more information and discuss the issue with you if necessary. If an investigation takes some time, for example because we need to speak to another organisation such as a Water Wholesaler, we will keep you regularly updated about progress. We aim to resolve complaints received by phone during the call wherever possible. All complaints will be responded to within 10 working days at the latest. When we do respond we will:
- Deal with all the points you have raised in your complaint and explain what has happened and why it has happened
- Apologise and explain what remedial action we have taken to correct what has gone wrong
- Consider whether we can offer compensation when remedial action either isn’t possible or is insufficient to deal with your complaint
Please let us know if you are still unhappy with the outcome of your complaint. You can do so by using the ways we have outlined above. Your complaint will then be reviewed by a Manager who will look at all aspects of the case and aim to reach a resolution that you are happy with. This will be done within 10 working days.
Do you remain unhappy with how your complaint has been handled? You can ask for CCW – the voice for water consumers to take up your case. They are an independent organisation that represents your interests as a customer and whose service is free. Write to them at, CCW, First Floor, Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham B2 4AJ. Alternatively, they can be reached by telephone on 0300 034 2222, email at email@example.com or via their website www.ccwater.org.uk.
If CCW – the voice for water consumers are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to appeal to the independent Water Redress scheme WATRS.
We have signed up to the scheme’s commitments (set out below). A full copy of the scheme rules can be found at www.cedr.com/consumer/watrs/customers/rules/.
- Provide WATRS free of charge to customers
- Support the principles set out in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Specification
- Respect the independence of WATRS
- Be bound by the decision of the WATRS’ adjudicator if accepted by the customer and to implement decision as required by scheme rules
- Co-operate with and have due regard to the recommendations of the Alternative Dispute Resolution panel
- Co-operate with the WATRS’ adjudicators and provide accurate and reliable information.
Guidance notes are available on the website or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you by calling 0207 520 3801.
Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street
Please note that you can only make an application to WATRS once you have used our complaints procedure and have been told by CCW that you are eligible to apply. WATRS will then investigate and provide an independent and binding decision on the complaint.
Give us your feedback
We hope that you never need to use this complaints procedure but that if you do, you find it simple and easy to use. Our team are keen to learn from any mistakes that we make. Therefore, we regularly review the complaints we receive to ensure we continually improve the service we give to customers. If you have any feedback on this complaints procedure, for example, how effective you found it if you had to use it, or how easy it is to understand, we would be glad to receive your thoughts and comments. These can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also download a copy of our complaints procedure here.