Reporting to: Head of Finance & Commercial
Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Package: £30,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience) + Total Reward package
Working with us:
We are a service and sustainability led water retailer, that is changing the narrative in the industry:
- We know price is important, but service is critical
- We treat water as a valuable resource, not a cheap commodity
- We treat our customers like people, not a number
- We’re always looking for ways to make our business a great place to work
In our industry, we are small but mighty! We support customers throughout England and Scotland. We do the basics really well, providing a market leading level of customer service, for customers ranging in size from the local high street to international airports. We also work with our customers to find ways to use less water, generate less waste and become more sustainable
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated IT Manager to join our growing business in Welwyn Garden City to establish and formalise an in-house IT function. The business is maturing and needs someone to take charge of the technical environment which includes Salesforce CRM, a legacy billing platform (HiAffinity), ERP (currently Oracle Financials & HR), Microsoft O365 as well as a range of other software (telephony, market systems integration / middleware) and infrastructure (located in the AWS Cloud).
This is a chance for someone to take on a hands-on and highly varied role and to develop skills as you will be working across a breadth of technologies and will have significant input to the technology strategy of the business (focused on efficiency improvements and lowering the cost to serve our customers).
- Overseeing IT provision and support for a staff of 85, predominantly based in our WGC offices but also a small number of field-based staff (account managers, sustainability manager and field service agents)
- Supervision of 2-3 members of staff
- Coordinating with 3rd party IT Support providers (currently primarily provided through another group company) to review service agreements, monitoring service levels (incidents & service requests) and adherence to support processes
- Managing, in conjunction with 3rd party support providers (where appropriate), the support, monitoring, maintenance, development, deployment, and upgrade of operational IT systems
- Providing day-to-day, hands-on troubleshooting support to office-based staff (on Windows 10 and Citrix Virtual Desktops)
- Overseeing maintenance and support of office equipment including desktops, laptops, routers, printers, screens/monitors, phones and mobile devices
- Acting as the main point of contact between the business and 3rd party IT service partners
- Active management (including escalation where appropriate) of risks and issues which impact on the IT service provision including acting as the local point of escalation for all IT issues.
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders (management, staff, partners, customers and other stakeholders) are kept up to date on any changes in IT including system maintenance, deployments, policies, office infrastructure changes, system troubleshooting etc.
- Assisting the senior management with ongoing assessment of and upgrade of IT systems.
- Development, ongoing assessment and execution of IT elements of the disaster recovery and business continuity plan including regular testing and reviews.
- Scoping, planning and implementing minor projects and IT changes
- Tracking incident and problem trends, current capabilities as well as developments in technology to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- At least 5 years related IT experience
- Broad background IT support and management
- Comfortable performing a wide range of activities, including stretching to new skill/experience areas
- Proactive and flexible
- Highly organised
- Ability to manage workloads, priorities and expectations
- Good written and verbal communicator
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Sound stakeholder management and engagement capabilities
- Commercially aware
- Ability and desire to develop skills or consider an alternative perspective
- Independent worker that knows when to ask questions
- Creative thinker, that understands the importance of seeing a piece of work through to the end (on time and within budget)
- Decisive, proactive and able to lead whilst also knowing when to check boundaries.
- Able to provide clear and structured documentation
- Able to work effectively in a matrix management environment
- Comfortable giving feedback, both positive and constructive.
- Able to communicate outcomes across all levels of the business
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguous situations and objectives.
- Able to adapt their plans or strategy to achieve a goal.
- data management, CRM, ERP, Business Intelligence and Infrastructure
- windows ecosystem
- Salesforce Sales Cloud & Community Portals (desirable)
- Oracle ERP (Finance & HR) (desirable)
- Microsoft O365 products: Office applications Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Yammer, Planner, Groups etc.
- Appreciation of agile and waterfall IT project delivery methodologies
- Knowledgeable in systems analysis, design and development methodologies
- Knowledge of the main concepts and principles of GDPR