Location: Welwyn Garden City
Working hours: 37 hours per week. Part-time applicants also welcome.
We are a service and sustainability led water retailer, that is changing the narrative in the industry:
- We know price is important, but service is critical
- We treat water as a valuable resource, not a cheap commodity
- We treat our customers like people, not a number
- We’re always looking for ways to make our business a great place to work
In our industry, we are small but mighty! We support customers throughout England and Scotland. We do the basics really well, providing a market leading level of customer service, for customers ranging in size from the local high street to international airports. We also work with our customers to find ways to use less water, generate less waste and become more sustainable.
Main Purposes of the Role
As part of our three year plan, we are bringing finance services fully in house and so we need someone to provide insight into our revenue, billing and cash processes. Working for the Finance Manager, and as part of the wider Finance and Commercial team you will lead the day to day processes for revenue and settlement reconciliation, as well as supporting the team in seeking to streamline and improve the process. You will also support the wider team in decision making to deliver our challenging plan.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on revenue, billing and cash flows using Excel and other analytical tools
- Provision of insight across the whole business
- Liaison with Group Reporting and Wholesalers to address and correct settlement issues
- Support the Finance Manager in the delivery of month end reporting
- Support the Finance Manager and Head of Finance & Commercial in improving and streamlining our processes
- Track and report on our successes and support the maintenance of our knowledge base
- Support the Finance & Commercial team in delivering our wider team objectives
- Part qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with experience in a Finance or analytical role, including complex reconciliations and revenue recognition
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical mindset; able to spot patterns and deviations.
- Well organised, commercially astute,and able to deliver multiple projects concurrently in a fast moving environment
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills across the whole organisation and with third parties
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Advanced Excel, with financial modelling experience an advantage